Pages

Datos personales

I am simply a Christ follower. Everything else falls into suit.

Followers

Me!

Me!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
You may ask, "Why start a blog?" Well... A few friends have asked me to start one so that they can keep up on all my adventures in Cannon Beach. I thought it didn't seem like too bad of an idea and here we are.

You may also ask, "Why title it 'Adventures of a sell out'?" Well... That's what this post is about: selling out.

Last night I was contimplating exactly what is means to be sold out for something. When you are sold out of something, it means that you don't have any of that particular item left. So... I came to the conclusion that a sell-out, is sold out of themselves. That led me to a wonderful reminder that I am sold out because I have been bought with a price: the blood of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He bought all of me with his life, so now my life belongs to him.

I have also been thinking a lot about the Spirit and how crazy it is that it dwells inside us. This last weekend was the 3rd annual Prepare the Way Christian Youth Leadership Summit. I was amazingly blessed to be a part of coordinating it, and speaking at it. It was a phenomenal time of worship, study, and fellowship. At the Elliot concert on Friday night, God moved in absolutely incredible ways! Walls were coming down, chains were breaking loose, and captives were being set free. It was such a powerful night that in all my existence I will never be able to forget. So I was thinking while lying in bed, as I tend to do, and I asked myself, "What was it about that night that made God and his movement so prevelant?" Then I realized that the reason that night was so powerful is because we were all in the Spirit! And of course, that got me thinking even more. God sent us his spirit when he took Jesus back to heaven after being raised from the dead. Scripture continually tells that the Spirit of God will be with us, and guard our hearts and minds, and so so many other promises dealing with the Spirit. I 100% believe that we are designed to live within the Spirit on a continual basis. If we could learn how to do that, the power of Christ would be unleashed, like it was Friday night, on a daily basis. God longs for us to constantly thrive within his spirit and allow us to witness and be a part of the supernatural taking place in our lives EVERY SINGLE DAY! Wow!

This is what can happen when we completely sell out for Jesus Christ. His resurrection power, the power that brought life where death had previously reigned, will be unleashed in us on a daily basis. I think I'll take stock in that.

In accordance with the event of my moving to Cannon Beach, a lot of people have been asking me what I want to do after bible school and who I want to be. I have come to the conclusion that all I want to do is sell out, and all I want to be is sold out. "For to me, to live is Christ, but to die is gain." ~My Man Paul.

7 comments:

Jennifer Lewis said...

Lauren!! I am going to miss you so darn much, but you are going to do great things in this world and I am so super excited!! Someday when you are amazing (hhahaa so pretty much now) and like traveling the world inspiring people to be as awesome as you are, I am going to hear about you and be like I KNEW HER!!!!!!!! God has such great things in store for you, Lauren, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Unknown said...

Lauren! You crazy Jesus hippie, you're amazing. Love you, and I pray that God's blessings abound in your journeys through life!

Lauren Michelle Wright said...

I love you guys so much! But you give me too much credit... It is all Christ in me! I will miss you both so much but we will stay in touch and Jen, you won't have to say that you knew me cause you will be able to say that you KNOW me! We will be forever friends. :) And David... I love that title. Crazy Jesus Hippie. :D

Unknown said...

That verse is one of my favorites and so happy you are going to blog - beautiful blog, by the way:-) Full of insights and challenges for us all. Praying safe travels and awesome new insights as you live each moment in the Spirit and walk in His presence. Remember Lauren even when you can't see His hand - you can trust His heart!!! Beth Allen

Lauren Michelle Wright said...

thanks so much for that encouragement beth! i hope to be able to keep up on it regularly!

Unknown said...

Lauren
You are a great Christ follower and he is going to bless you and guide your steps as you go through this next step on your journey to become more like Christ.
We are going to miss you but you are going to have a wonderful time.
Debbie Scripture

Lauren Michelle Wright said...

I will miss you all so much and already do!